The Jovoto Blog

New York vs. Berlin

15 comments

Ccappello
February 26, 2011 12:33 am

I would vote Berlin! I say that since I grew up in NYC. But It is wonderful and I love it here… Okay I changed my mind come and visit! It will be so much fun! : )

teigan
February 26, 2011 3:00 am

i really enjoyed reading your thought provoking travel essay nathalie. maybe you chose the wrong career.

that said, the winner should choose berlin. i used to live in some of the neighborhoods nathalie mentioned and the scene gets rather dull after a few hours. berlin isn’t much better, except that unlike new york, there are places you can be to be completely naked while bored in public.

bunterberg
February 28, 2011 6:34 pm

banieramartina
March 1, 2011 11:25 am

Wow, too bad im so far from wining, i havent been to NY yet , but Panorama is a great place indeed! and Prenzlauer Berg is a great neighboorhood!

teigan
March 2, 2011 1:24 am

don’t be sad martina. what they didn’t tell you is that the prize is a one way airline ticket. then you are stuck there and have to work for jovoto.

Wanda_Tag
March 2, 2011 9:43 am

I love you, teigan! :D

nsonne
March 2, 2011 3:48 pm

YEAH! And you would LOVE to be stuck with us teigan, come on, you KNOW it!

banieramartina
March 2, 2011 3:49 pm

hahaha @ teigan

teigan
March 3, 2011 5:21 am

i already talk to you every day nathalie and that’s the joy in my life. why would i ruin it with city noise and stink? but when jovoto opens a branch office on fantana island, Wanda_Tag and i will apply in person.

Maria Grønlund
March 4, 2011 8:00 pm

If I won I would really be in trouble!! I so much want to see NY and the jovoto crew over there. And yet there’s so many jovotans from Berlin I want to meet!! I’m so glad I’m not going to be the winner ;-) My economy says I can probably head for Berlin this spring. So be it!

teigan
March 4, 2011 11:01 pm

you sound just like some underhanded politician maria. this might be a bad influence on the paradise that is fantana island.

Wanda_Tag
March 5, 2011 12:41 pm

teigan: Just you and me on Fantana Island with a sixpack of fairtraded Fanta®… Do we need other drugs? ;)

teigan
March 5, 2011 1:01 pm

jovoto tried to host the BE THE NEXT FANTA GIRL contest, but all the good flavours were already taken. nathalie was assigned honey mustard, and bastian got vennison.

david
October 6, 2012 5:47 am

lived in both cities, nyc wins hands down. so much more to do. i love berlin, dont get me wrong, but the sheer variety of stuff to do in nyc is overwhelming…not to mention all thats going on in brooklyn nowadays…

Frank
October 12, 2012 5:57 am

NYC is a money making machine with people living inside. That’s why no one laughs or smiles on the street. Paris, Berlin, Rome are cities.