Ch-ch-changes – jovoto Team News

Hey jovotans worldwide,

We’re here today to tell you the latest from jovoto!

As I’m sure you guys are all familiar with that old saying, “With every closed door, a new one opens” -And while I might not be the first or even the millionith who has used that phrase- I guess that’s only because it’s true. So with that in mind, I do have an official farewell post from, our very own, jvanboxtel.. who would have posted it himself, except he’s already far away, somewhere on holidays. Jeroen writes:

Jeroen’s Farewell

“Heads up community,

You might wonder why I did not guide any projects anymore, or why I was not bugging you anymore with private messages. Well, I’m leaving jovoto.
I really enjoyed my time here, but It’s time to move on. I had a few amazing years here, learned a lot and above all had a great time here both online as offline.
I know you guys have awesome guides and an awesome community to work with, and also some awesome new projects both running and coming up.

I hope you guys keep doing what you do best; KICKING ASS.

Cheers,
Jeroen”

Well, on behalf of jovoto, we’d like to say thanks Jeroen for all your hard work, LOLcats and all the other internet goodies you always made us smile with! You were an asset to our team and it was truly great to work with you.

Which brings me to my next point- hence the closed door, new open door thing. I am also very pleased and excited to announce this next bit of info:

Say Hello to Jesko

Let me introduce our newest jovoto team member and Community Manager- our very own former community member, Jesko Stoezer ! Tell us a little about yourself, Jesko.

“I am Jesko, i am 37 years old and I have been 13 years freelancing as a designer and concepter in Berlin. I started designing when i was a child, after my aunt sent me a kite for x-mas. In the 80ies kites were all rainbow colored, what i thought was boring, so I started drawing new ones, when i was bored in school.

I learned how to construct them, made prototypes and was extremely lucky to be found out by a manufacturer on a windy day on the field. I was 12 years old. A year later I got my first mac LC1, learned freehand and was proud to see kites that I have been drawing bored in school in kite-shops all over germany. So thats the beginning of my design-story.”

To tell you more about our mission here we made a video for you, enjoy!

Sorry about the sound quality, we wanted to get the news to you as quick as possible but the mic was being a bit picky.

And, that’s the story! All of us here, although we’ll definitely miss Jeroen, we’re really excited about the opportunities to come!

About the author

avatar Jess is Community Manger at jovoto, spending her time creating dialog and encourage ideas with the community. She is also responsible in assisting jovoto’s communication outreach and growth.

24 comments

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! DEAR JESKO AT JOVOTO!!! CRAAAAAAZY!!! A SUPER GIGANTIC HUG COSMIC BRODER!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

Tuesday February 5th, 2013 07:02 PM

OH, NO!!! :O Jeroen, I will miss your rational and conceptual thinking! Wishing you all the best!!

Tuesday February 5th, 2013 07:03 PM

WOW JESS!!! YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH MUCH MUCH PRETTY AND BEAUTIFUL THAN YOUR AVATAR LITTLE PIC!!!

Tuesday February 5th, 2013 07:35 PM

WE WILL DEFINITELY MISS YOU JEROEN!!! SUPER GOOD LUCK IN YOUR NEW JOURNEY!!! THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANKS A BUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELPFUL GUIDANCE AND FREINDSHIP!!! A GIGANTIC HUG!!!

Tuesday February 5th, 2013 07:36 PM

Yes, we will miss you Jeroen : ( The best of luck for the new paths you take.
    And welcome Jesko as community manager, it will be strange to see you in that position after sharing the platform with you as a member : D
    Best of luck in your new task : )

Tuesday February 5th, 2013 08:24 PM

Wishing u the very best in LIfe Jeroen.. Thanks for all the help and advice given.. much appreciated.. Have a great life! .. :)
    Jesko .. All the best for ur new position at Jovoto.. :)

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 06:05 AM

Congrats! Jess on becoming the head of community management ..U have always been fair in ur advice.. thanks .. :)

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 06:08 AM

All the best for Jeroen for you new journey and good luck to Jess for her “new job”

Regards

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 07:27 AM

Hey Jesko, Hey Jess, Bye Jeroen… nice to see you and:
    Good luck from poland! ;)

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 10:21 AM

I do not understand what the hell you’re talking about, but it was nice to see you all live!
    Jeroen! I am sure that you will find a fantastic future! Good luck in your new job. There is another positive thing! Now you can participate in contests :) ))))
    Jesko! I’m sure you will exellent guide!! While our community is fun, I hope you have nerves of steel! Good luck in new work!!!
    Jess – you very very very beautifull!!!

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 02:44 PM

Thanks Jeroen for your helpful and good work and all the best for your future!!! Good luck :)

I say “hallo” to Jesko ;-) ))

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 04:46 PM

Oh no, I already asked myself where Jeroen has been ;-( sorry you leave but all the best for you!

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 07:53 PM

Hey Jeroen! Wish you all the best! Nice to meet you at Jovoto :)
    Hey Jesko! Great to have you “on the other side” – BTW you are looking great – just as Jess do :) ))))))
    All the best for you all and “Rock on”!

Wednesday February 6th, 2013 10:12 PM

I really enjoyed reading this thread. Makes me confident that we’re heading into the right direction after deciding that we want to work much closer with our community members. We’re also testing some of you at the moment to work with us on various other aspects. Hoping to share more news with all of you soon.

Thursday February 7th, 2013 11:37 AM

Jeroen thanks for the great time at jovoto and wish you an even greater future.
    And Jesko welcome. I met both of you and I think you both are real jovotans.

Jeroen bedankt en ik hoop ooit nog iets van je te horen. Veel geluk.

Thursday February 7th, 2013 10:38 PM

Thanks everybody for this nice welcome!

This was my first week at jovoto hq berlin. In a fascinating way it still feels as exciting as 4 years ago when i started taking part in my first contests. – Now, as i guide and community manager, i feel responsible for the projects and you – being excited what kind of ideas you create and if i can guide you in the right direction.

Lets have a good time and create awesome stuff. Its just the beginning.

Have a beautiful weekend!

Friday February 8th, 2013 06:46 PM

hahaha – thats so funny jesko! i always asked myself why you are not a contest guide after reading all you profound and helpful comments! :-D great!

Wednesday February 13th, 2013 12:44 PM

Jesko, welcome. It was great to hear your perspective on community management. Looking forward to your great support and advocacy.

Thursday February 14th, 2013 03:31 PM

Thanks a bunch, suyani!

And thanks Peter! Hope to see you one fine day in NY or on a great beach surfing! = )

Friday February 15th, 2013 01:24 PM

Cool video – like the personal style introducing new staff members.

Monday February 18th, 2013 02:27 PM

Ha.. nice! Love you guys! See you at lunch anytime soon again!

Monday February 18th, 2013 11:10 PM

Congratulations Jesko! I’m sure you will be a huge asset as a community manager!

Tuesday February 19th, 2013 04:02 PM

Welcome, Jesko! and Jess is definitely a very pretty young lady :D

Thursday February 21st, 2013 12:38 AM

Vor einigen Jahren gab es eine Performance von Bowie in Berlin und er sang. Ch … ch …. Veränderungen.

How did he know that Jesko and Jeroen would ch… places? :-)

Monday March 4th, 2013 10:44 PM