On Wednesday this week we were happy to present two new ways for creatives to work on jovoto. Today we are proud to announce the first result of this: the Textile Orbit, a talent pool commissioned by our client, to work with the most talented textile and pattern designers on jovoto.
What is it?
Textile Orbit is a carefully curated group of the best textile designers and pattern designers on jovoto. The designers will be carefully considered and selected based on their portfolio and/or their submissions over the last two public textile design projects on jovoto. The designers who have already been awarded the “Outstanding Textile Design” achievement badge (visible on your profile, automatically will be invited to the pool. Congratulations to you!
What makes it special?
If you are invited to the Textile Orbit, you can expect:
2) Working in a highly professional environment with other top-talent, meaning better feedback, great opportunities to collaborate, and to learn from other talented designers;
3) The opportunity to compete with a selected few to win up to 5,000€ in prize money per project and to be licensed by major fashion brands (100€ per license & 0,20€ per produced meter).
4) Monthly trend forecasting from the renowned & top trend agency Promostyl. Read more about it here!
5) A deeper understanding of the client, meaning you can design more effectively and ultimately need to invest less time prepping for each project.
I don’t have the badge, can I still be invited?
Yes! There are a total of 200 initial spots in the Textile Orbit and we still have openings! This is how you can apply:
2) Verify your account. Read how here!
3) Apply by sending us your portfolio or samples of your work here!
How do I know if I’m in?
You will receive a private message in your jovoto inbox.
What happens next?
1) Wednesday, July 8th – We will start the process of inviting the first 200 textile designers to the Textile Orbit.
2) Tuesday, July 21st – We will present the first creative brief for textile designers in Textile Orbit.
This is the first talent pool of many on jovoto, stay tuned for information about the others!
Header image is a collage made from submissions in the last two textile design challenges from:
Gusmonk, BreezeStudio, ralucaag, matias, camilletextile, amyreber, DLKG, Elizaveta Boyur
This blogpost was updated on the 7th of September.