Welcome to jovoto!
We connect our global community of designers and creative minds with big-name brands and NGOs to ideate, iterate and innovate. We have upscaled brainstorming, we call it crowdstorming!
Sign up to join our community and submit your ideas!
'The $300 House' Challenge
From the one-room shacks in Haiti's Central Plateau to the jhuggi clusters in and around Delhi, to the favelas in São Paulo and the township settlements in South Africa, the problem of housing-for-the-poor is truly global. The $300 House Project, originally conceived by Vijay Govindarajan and Christian Sarkar, is an initiative to bring affordable housing to the worlds poorest: a plight facing roughly two billion people. They have begun to compile ideas and artcles and gathered a community of supporters and advisors around the subject on their website 300house.com.
Vijay Govindarajan introduces the idea
- Community Prize: $10,000 + 2 week prototyping workshop for place 1-3
- Jury Prize: Jury picks an additional 2 participants to go on a prototyping workshop (workshop details to be determined).
We thank our Sponsor Ingersoll Rand for enabling this challenge.
jovoto partners in providing the technical infrastructure and community guidance on this challenge.
- Yves BeharDesigner, Founder of fuseprojects
- ODahlPresident and Executive Director of Partners In Health (PIH)
- PNevilDirector of IT and Infrastructure for Zanmi Lasante
- HWaltersBusiness and Design Journalist