This one is a dream brief. Free reign to design a college backpack, messenger bag or lunch bag. There are no limitations. The target market is a tech savvy and design conscious one: senior school and college kids, aged 14-22. They’re pretty much open to anything; that said, they tend to follow current trends. Check out the following great brands for what’s happening in the backpack/carry bag/shoulder bag space:
Dakine - http://www.dakine.com/
Burton - http://www.burton.com/
Jansport - http://www.jansport.com/
Timbuktu - http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/home
Wenger - http://www.wengerna.com/outdoor-gear-backpacks
Quite simply: design next season’s student backpack or bag. Feel free to propose new designs, styles, colors, patterns or features. Just bear in mind we’re dealing with school bags - no handbags please. You can submit sketches or designs. Show us the details if they matter and label the features if they’re difficult to illustrate. Backpacks are the most popular style of bag. Consider how the bag will be used: are there new features you feel should be incorporated into the bag?
When given a broad brief it often helps to define the person you’re designing for. Some questions that may come in handy:
- What age is the person you’re designing for exactly?
- Boy or girl?
- Style? Music? Interests?
- How do they get to school? bicycle, long walk, short walk, bus, skateboard, helicopter...
- What do they carry in there bag?
- Does it have a trolley system?
- How are the contents sorted and stored?
- Do they need padding? Cooling?
- Electronic gadget accessories? Any accessories?
- Specialized compartments?
- What ways can the bag be carried?
- Color, patterns, trims?
Urban dwelling boys & girls 14-22