MY FRIENDLY GREEN CUP
What we tried to do is find a solution for reducing pollution and the cut down of trees, without forcing people to change their behaviors.
We designed a cup made of a corn-starch based bio-polymer that has excellent product performance properties which are superior to those of similar products in the domestic market:
- high melting point
- can be used in microwave
In order to implement the new idea, one has to follow 5 simple steps:
I. Use recyclable / easily biodegradable materials and reduce tree cuts. Encourage people to respect nature.
II. Don�t raise the costs too much
III. Don�t force people to change their behaviors
IV. Make a joy � give, for instance, a second job to the coffee biscuit: make it the cup top!
V. Motivate people to encourage it: offer something in exchange (a gift, a donation, a smile � the joy of making it happen).
1. Waste reduction
As an alternative for plastic/paper, we propose a polymer that is derived from the natural source of corn starch - material of the future.
- 100% biodegradable - it is fully and completely degraded into harmless substances in 15 days in water and in 6 weeks into soil
- the whole process happens without toxic emissions into atmosphere
- it is tasteless and odorless
2. Resources required
- corn used for starch grows easily in almost all continents and in different climate types
- starch is also extracted from more than 50 plant types, such as potatoes, wheat, rice and cassava
- it can be offered at a very competitive price comparing to products with similar degradability and functionality
3. Existing Capabilities
- the technological process for producing objects out of it already exists
- traditional plastic manufacturing machines are good enough to product a wide bio-polymer range of products
So, a coffee and biscuit top to go, please!
In F R I E N D L Y cup, thank you.