What is jovoto?
jovoto is the creative workspace of the future. We are a global community of creatives and designers who bring innovative ideas to global brands. When we brainstorm at internet scale, we call it crowdstorming.
Join this crowdstorm!
Sign up to become a member of our global community. Once you join, you can access this project by submitting your jovoto Pro application. We will review your portfolio within 24h. Looking forward to seeing your work!
MEISSEN, the world’s leading manufactory for superior class porcelain with its rich 300 year tradition ran a first project on jovoto last year. They are now returning with an even more challenging task in terms of content and design. MEISSEN’s famous figurine collections are delicately crafted and richly detailed pieces of art which are appreciated and loved all over the world for their playful way of expressing the themes, customs and the prevailing zeitgeist of their respective eras.
The burning question for this new project is: What story or creative theme would a contemporary figurine collection tell and how would the artistic expression of a figurine collection look in the 21st century?
MEISSEN is asking you to bring their new collection of legendary figurines out from their sealed display cases and into the living spaces of today to help spark the collector’s spirit for physical objects in the new millennium.
This project gives you the fantastic opportunity to write a new chapter in the prestigious brand’s story and participate in a one of a kind project at the intersection of product design and art.
In addition to the prize pool of 10.500€ the winning designer has a chance to receive the complete collection of new figurines if MEISSEN decides to produce it without significant changes.
Awards in this project
- 1 x €1000
- 1 x €750
- 1 x €500
- 1 x €250
- 1 x €200
- 3 x €300 Best Collaboration
- 2 x €200 Best Feedback
- 1 x €2500 Client’s Choice (incl. license)
- 6 x €500 Client's Shortlist (excl. license)
- 2 x €500 Halftime Award (excl. license)
This is a 4 week project:
● Submission period starts on: 04.09.2018, 17:00:00 (CET, Berlin time)
● Halftime submission deadline: 16.09.2018, 23:59:00 (CET, Berlin time)
● Client Halftime Feedback will be shared with you until 20.09.2019
If you upload a well finished Idea (or more) before the Halftime Feedback Deadline, you are in the running for one of the Halftime Awards!
● Submission phase ends on: 02.10.2018, 17:00:00 (Berlin time)
- Liane WernerProduct Manager Fine & Arts
- Joerg EhrlichCreative Direktor
- Otto DroegslerCreative Direktor
- Georg NussdorferManaging Director
- Tillmann BlaschkeManaging Director
- Niko StachosMarketing Director