I was inspired by an - eclectic mixture of patterns cast in crazy patchwork and - the more structured geometric patterns. Both bold and simplified. To mix them up, I tried to create a fresh take on pattern ‘mix and match’ and the more fixed bold and not too complex geometrics. The striking color way favors rich hues in purple, blue, red and black with patches of yellow and green. The more desaturated color way provides hues in yellows, greens and beige with bold blue tones as a fresh accent.
Why does your design stand out?
- bold geometric patterns and mixing up patterns in fashion are on trend.
- suitable for any season or occasion and yet
- sophisticated and elegant in style
- for both young adult and more senior looks
- marketable for clothing and home decor.
- the design is vector based which means
- it can be resized without losing quality.
- the entangled patterns can easily be changed. Recolored, resized, etc.
Which kind of brands do you imagine using your design?
I imagine my design working with modern, feminine and sophisticated fashion brands. Different brands that offer elegant and unique clothing for any occasion and any age.
How big is the repeat in your pattern? Keep in mind that it should be at least 64cm.
- it is vector based file
- prepared on artboard size: 128cm wide and 64cm long. (square vector; halfdrop)
- can be exported to any size and with any resolution.
- 12 colors
Have you used any third-party material? Even if you’ve modified or combined it, please know that in this project no stock is accepted. See “Mandatory Requirements” in the brief for details.
- All design and design elements are 100% designed by me.
Source the links for the images you used as mockup here:
Long dress: http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/237x/03/86/ee/0386ee40b96a2f63701eb318e2b71f74.jpg Camisole: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Aritzia/hi-res/f1501a0257666501ona.jpg Short and top: http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Aritzia/hi-res/s1502002564416328ona.jpg
Have you posted your fashion week inspiration in your presentation?
Mixture of pattern / crazy patchwork:
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/254594185162060918/ - Bold ‘fixed’ geometrics: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/254594185162060998/ - Simplified geometric: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/254594185162060847/