We decided to distinguish the problems that we faced day to day in the work place, what makes a job feel like a job and what limits the boundaries of creativity and innovation. It’s these barriers that stop us from waking up in the morning and running to work with excitement. These boundaries create a repetitive and non progressive environment in which prehistoric rules are followed. It’s what makes us lose passion for our passions.
‘The Playground’ is a revolutionary new workflow that looks to abolish prehistoric rules, hierarchies and job roles that we follow today and reimagines the work structure to be a level playing field where everyone’s opinions and ideas count. Instead of getting to work and being told what to do, or being given a long job list, employees are allowed to do what they’re good at. They are given a problem and are asked to solve it, in their own way. This understanding of peoples talents allows colleagues to focus on what their strengths are and who will offer the most understanding/valuable advice for the particular problem. This increases collaboration and builds trust between all areas of employment.
Key components of the revolutionary workflow include;
- Removing Prehistoric Rules and Job Lists so that colleagues are allowed to set their own rules and answer problems in their own way.
- Abolishing Generic Hierarchies including Job Titles so that everybody feels of value to the Organisation.
- Removing set working hours and introducing 24/7 access to the workplace, allowing employees to create during the times that work best for them.
- Setting up daily short creative tasks and design sprints in teams to answer particular questions allowing for collaboration and a fast-paced but healthy workplace.
- Giving Colleagues the option of voting for self-initiated projects in order to maintain that their personal creative urges and passions are being satisfied within working hours.