Dr. Wladimir Klitschko’s life has been driven by an extraordinary and multifaceted career.
He is well known as the second longest reigning boxing champion in history with the most title defences. He currently holds the WBA, IBF, WBO, IBO and the “Ring Title” and is thereby the dominant force in the heavyweight division. He also studied philosophy and sport science and holds a doctoral degree for the latter one. Klitschko’s life credo is simple and yet unique: A healthy mind in a healthy body. It is the continuous strive to unlock the human potential across all areas of life. It’s the relentless will to progress that sets him apart. For that reason, he has been active in many fields – especially with regard to social campaigns or own charity fonds.
His ambition is the foundation for the next level: A business enterprise with his name starting with a very own mineral water – the beginning, essence and fuel of life!
In doing so, he went on a journey to the Carpathian mountains with an expert team to discover a fountain that is particular in terms of freshness and mild taste. He even believes to perceive a special sound, when hearing the water splashing over the stones.
This mineral water marks the very first step within a number of future products and ventures with the Klitschko name. It is therefore crucial to develop not only a distinctive and appealing, but also highly versatile identity for “Klitschko – the choice of the champ”, a brand that can ba applied to all future products.
The aim is to create a brand logo and a bottle design based on Klitschko’s name. It should not only catch people’s eyes, both in restaurants, bars and stores, but also serve as a foundation for future businesses.
Your challenge is to
1. Design a Logo for the new “Klitschko” brand
The “Klitschko” brand stands for high-quality health- and fitness-products in the area of nutrition and equipment. Most importantly, it has to convey and underline Wladimir’s credo of a healthy mind and healthy body.
- You can use either the brand name “Klitschko” or “Dr. Klitschko”
2. Design a bottle for the “Klitschko” mineral water including its lid and its label.
- The bottle will be available in two sizes. Show your design on the example of the 75DL bottle. If you like present as well a 25DL version. Its up to you to decide to design a glas- or PET- bottle, just as you think what might be best for your design. Ideally it should work in both materials.
Think global when designing the branding and the bottle:
- Your branding has to work on an international level (especially in the soviet region)
- The overall design should support the “healthy mind, healthy body” positioning
- It can have a reference to sports, but may definetly not have a reference to boxing!
- It must be possible to mass produce (industrially manufacture) the bottle
- It must be “designful” and functional by nature
The truth is: water is essential to live! Thus, nobody should be fundamentally excluded.
Nevertheless, Klitschko wants to target people based on their mind sets and not on their gender, age or income.
First it`s about those ones, who care more about their health and fitness than the average.
Secondly it’s about those ones, who appreciate good design, good taste and quality in production. They love new experiences, are open minded but also critical. They often look out for the “meaning” in products and brands. For them it’s not just about a nice brand name, but also about the story behind it.
Straightness has a clear opinion. No frills or dog & pony show. It’s not about arrogance, but it’s about a stand for what you believe in. It is direct, but never brash our loud.
Integrity is about the restless passion, strive and dedication – whatever comes! Day in, day out. It’s about respect for others and for one selves. It’s about knowing when to step back and when to step in.
Excellence means high quality from A to Z. It’s not about luxury or high premium prices for the sake of it, but about the self-confidence to deliver the best possible product in and for a successful way.
The following elements may not feature your design:
- Depiction of violence or depictions of weapons
- Sexist insinuations
- It can have a reference to sports, but may not have an explicit reference to boxing!
- No references to politics
Only use image material for which:
- you own the full copyright or
- the exclusive rights of which you can, if required, pass on the client.
Your bottle must be producible on common production lines.