Welcome to jovoto!
We connect our global community of designers and creative minds with big-name brands and NGOs to ideate, iterate and innovate. We have upscaled brainstorming, we call it crowdstorming!
Sign up to join our community and submit your ideas!
Many a hotelier has gone broke chasing an elusive crowd, and many a “hip hotel” has alienated its following with lazy (or greedy) gimmicks. A rigorously enforced guest list can create a buzz for a while, but it always fades when interesting people find themselves on the outside looking in. In today’s hotel business, the word “exclusive” is bandied about as a posh way of saying “really nice.” Nobody ever stops to ask who’s being excluded, and why. It’s all rather unbecoming, for an industry which purports to be about hospitality.
So above all the proposed solution must be inclusive. The winning hotel will be a place where people come together unpredictably, unexpectedly, serendipitously. It must demonstrate that it stands a chance of gathering people from all across the city’s demographics and psychographics.
The real test, though, will come at the end, when the chosen design will be featured on Tablet’s website as a Tablet hotel, available for booking.
The total reward (cash and non cash) for this challenge is $20,000 split between jury and community winners.
The contest is open for submissions until May 30th. After one week of rating only, the winners will be announced on the platform.
- LVernhesCo-founder & CEO, Tablet Hotels
- MSainsburyCo-owner of The Zetter Group, a Director of Draft House Holdings, the founder of The Sustainable Restaurant Association as well as a trustee for the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy.
- RWagemansfounder and creative director of concrete architectural associates
- mcrassetIndustrial designer, a graduate of the Ateliers E.N.S.C.I. (Workshops National Higher School of Industrial Design)
- STeiCreative Director for Intentionallies / REALFLEET
- BHobermanCo-founder lastminute.com, founder mydeco.com