Develop the hotel guest room experience that might exist ten years from now. Break through traditional approaches and create a physical space based upon what you imagine are the wants and needs of the traveler in 2022 and beyond. Your thinking should be bold and groundbreaking.
Marriott International wants to usher in a new wave of thinking around the way in which hotel rooms are designed and built. Rather than refining or tweaking the traditional hotel room experience, Marriott International wants to push the reset button and design a hotel room from the ground up, incorporating the needs and wants of not just the modern traveler, but the traveler of the future.
The total prize money for this challenge is $15,000 and will be broken down in the following way:
Community Prize: $7,500
- 1st: $3,500
- 3rd: $1000
- 4th-6th: $500
Jury Prize: $7,500
- Winner: $4,000
- 1st Runner Up: $2,500
- 2nd Runner Up: $ 1,000
Launching on November 9th, concepts can be submitted until December 21st, 12p EST. After one week of rating winners will be announced.
- Liviu TudoranProduct Designer
- JJettonCreative Manager, Marriott International
- KMackeyGraphic Design Manager, ISI
- GamaufSr. Manager, Design Management
- NHatcherSr. Director, Interior Design
- PSweeneyDirector, Design Management
- JSmalleyMarketing Research/Strategy