The Sparda-Bank Baden-Württemberg is a retail bank serving over 700’000 private customers in and around the city of Stuttgart. It is part of the Sparda-Bank Association, a federation with 12 independent bank institutes across Germany. Founded in 1896 and organized in a cooperative model one of their most important assets is the closeness to their regional customers.
Bank = bench
In German, the word for both “bank” and a “bench” (as in the seat, like a “park bench”) is “Bank”. Building on this wordplay, the Sparda-Bank wants to roll out a campaign that has a bench as its central key visual. This bench should be used as:
a) a campaign key visual in all advertising and product information materials (like ads, product flyers, online banners etc.)
b) a physical piece of furniture, for example in the counter area of the bank or at events
The Sparda-Bank wants to create a bench as a key visual for their campaign that represents their core assets:
- Stability and security: The bank was founded in 1896
- Professionalism: The bank serves more than 700,000 private customers
- Closeness: The bank has a very personal and individual relationship with its customers
- Cooperative: The bank is organized as a cooperative model, making the customers literally members and owners of their bank
- Regionality: The bank plays a significant role in the region
The bench should symbolize a place where people can communicate and exchange thoughts and information in a personal, friendly and relaxed way.