UNICEF is the United Nations Children’s Fund. Founded straight after the Second World War as an emergency aid organization for children, today UNICEF is committed to improving the living conditions of children in over 150 countries.
UNICEF Switzerland represents the rights of children, collects donations for the worldwide UNICEF programs, informs people about the organization’s work and provides specialist knowledge about new findings in the work for children. UNICEF observes and accompanies the implementation of the Declaration of the Rights of the Child in Switzerland.
The UNICEF holiday and New Year cards have a long tradition, not only in Switzerland but also throughout the rest of the world. UNICEF offers a range of various cards with different designs. All cards can be ordered directly from UNICEF’s online shop. The cards are mainly ordered by companies that want to wish their partners or clients holiday greetings and a happy New Year.
As a partner of UNICEF Switzerland, jovoto is providing its services for this project on a voluntary basis.
UNICEF is looking for new images for its holiday and New Year greetings cards, which business clients like to order and send to their partners and customers.
Design the new holiday and New Year card image for UNICEF’s business customers!
You should take the following aspects into consideration when designing your card images:
- The cards should appeal to businesses and convey sincerest holiday greetings and New Year wishes.
- All you have to design is the image for the front of the card; the back of the card is designed and predefined by UNICEF.
- The format of the card is: A5 (14.8 x 21cm) or 16 x 16cm.
- The card images can be designed for actual cards or for e-cards.
- Only use image material for which you own the complete rights!
- The design should not feature any text, the only possible wording should be wishes in different languages like Meilleurs voeux / Happy New Year / Frohes neues Jahr.
- The date/year should not feature in your design.
- You have free rein when it comes to choosing the look of your card as long as it is compatible with UNICEF’s goals.
- The design can be festive, figurative, abstract or minimalist.
- The images should not have any religious associations.
- The UNICEF logo should not be part of the design.
- Special colors and holographic images are possible.
The target group is companies that send their business partners and customers holiday greetings and New Year wishes and who want to resume contact with them or remind them that they are here for them. You should appeal to the target audience of UNICEF with emotional and friendly designs.
Click on the following links to download working material and additional information related to the project.