mobile.de was founded in 1996 and, with more than 64 million visits per month, is the most visited marketplace for the buying and selling of vehicles in Germany (IVW 11/2011). A selection of more than 1.4 million vehicles is currently on offer. This means that mobile.de has the biggest offer of cars, utility vehicles and motorcycles in Germany (Source: CAR-Institut). Users include private customers, as well as more than 35,000 registered vehicle traders. The automobile marketplace offers its services in a total of nine languages. mobile.de belongs to mobile.international GmbH, which, as well as the German market leader, also operates marketplaces in Italy, France, Poland and Romania. The company employs more than 140 members of staff at the Dreilinden/Berlin location and is a subsidiary of eBay International AG.
The current marketing campaign's core idea “Life is too short for just a few cars” is also relevant for respective HR measures. However only the claim “Welcher ist dein Nächster?” (“Which one is your next?”) is used in the company’s communication. And this year mobile.de is launching a broad-based, integrated marketing campaign for business and private customers in print, online and on TV (LINK).
People should be made aware of the job benefits of mobile.de (international and dynamic working environment, the opportunity to work for a market leader and 100% eBay subsidiary and assume responsibility) and mobile.de should be anchored as one of the top e-commerce employers in the minds of the target group.
The success of your communication concept is measured by the quantity, and above all, the qualifications of applicants and new recruits in all departments of mobile.de, from technology (especially mobile development) to finance, marketing, and down to product management.
Develop PR-effective communication measures for the personnel/HR department? of mobile.international GmbH.
We are not looking for a classic personnel campaign with HR image and job advertisements, nor a classic marketing campaign (like promotions). Instead we are searching for PR-effective communication measures and ideas, such as:
- Classic PR ideas (which require brilliant storytelling and agenda-setting)
- PR stunts and guerilla measures (which in turn generate relevant PR stories)
You should emphasize the strengths of an established market leader associated with an international big corporation, who, as an employer, combines the benefits both of a start-up and a medium-sized business (manageable dimensions, security, international career opportunities).
- Your communication measures must reflect the core idea of the company “Life is too short for just a few cars”. But, it is important that only the claim “Welcher ist dein Nächster?” (“Which one is your next one?”) is used for the communication.
- Your communication idea should fit in with the current claim “Welcher ist dein Nächster?” (“Which one is your next one?”), but, above all, it should sustainably consolidate mobile.de as a “Great Place to Work” in people’s minds.
- mobile.de has a strong branding and strong campaigns. So we are neither looking for new design, nor new classic (HR) campaign ideas for this project, but only for PR-effective HR communication measures!
- Your HR communication measures should appeal to people from all over the world, but should only apply to the German market.
- It should be possible to realize your HR communication measures within a reasonable cost framework.
In this contest we are only looking for the IDEA: So an in-depth text concept for a fantastic PR stunt has more chances of being bought and realized than a modest, well thought-out idea that is elaborately depicted.
The following questions will help you to describe your idea and will help the communication experts from mobile.de to understand your idea.?
- Which problem does your idea solve (e.g.: people tend to assume that mobile.de is a mobile communications service provider instead of Germany's largest market place for vehicles)??
- How does your idea solve the problem?
- What is the added value of your idea for the target group?
- What measures are required for the realization of your idea?
Click on the following links to download working material and additional information related to the project.